Friday, July 5, 2013
1923 The dream
This chapter had so many symbols and imagery that it made the chapter a lot more interesting. But it started off as a dream of a wedding with a red dress. The red dress symbolizing fire and a wedding meaning death. So many things happened in this chapter. During the discussion is class I thought that Sula only watched her mom Hannah die out of the fact of her feelings when her mom said she didn't love her at all. I mean I could see why she would be hurt about that but, watching your mom die and sitting there if nothing as happened is psychotic and crazy. But, this scene just explains the reason as to why Sula's birthmark on her forehead is changing from a rose to a rose with a stem attached to it. I think this represents Sula's changing personality and characteristics. I think the stem symbolizes Sula's hate and her strong demeanor towards everything. But Eva has a lot of strength and determination to be considered handicap. I love the fact that she threw herself out of a window just to save her daughter Hannah. she took a risk to save her daughter and that showed a lot about herself and the extent she would go for her daughter.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment