Monday, July 8, 2013

1927 A new leaf

In this chapter I feel as if Nel is coming into her own person. The book starts off as Nel getting married to Jude Green but, it wasn't out of love. he just wanted to marry someone based off the fact that he wanted to feel like a man and have that attitude of superiority. I honestly I'm glad that Nel is branching off and becoming herself because Sula was not a good influence on her. But, I know Sula is hurt at the fact that she is leaving her, because she didn't even tell Nel goodbye. That just means that she didn't want their relationship to fade away or be forgotten. But I know Sula is the only person that Nel could be herself around. So when she married Jude Green she feels as if she cant be herself around him because he wouldn't know how to take it. I think Sula is making a good decision about going to college, because after all that she has done and been through I really was not expecting her to branch off and go to college. But, I just don't like racism at all and when I see it in novels and things that just aggravates me. I don't think the color of someones skin determines their character or how they are. But, around these times I know that was a big problem especially when they are married. It is always guaranteed they will have complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment